Computers with Windows 11
Jan 2024 – QuadStation Systems are now shipping with Windows 11 Professional 64 bit edition.
All new desktops and laptops will come with Windows 11 so if you are replacing an older computer or upgrading to Windows 11 here are some things to keep in mind.
Are you still using Windows 7?
Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 back in January 2020. That said it is time to m0ve to a newer version of Windows ASAP, you have no choice really. If you have an older computer that needs replaced, you will kill two birds with one stone.
If you are in Windows 10 You are Still Good!
As of this writing we are all still on Windows 10 here at NTI. There is no rush to upgrade or go to Windows 11 at this time. Microsoft will continue to offer automatic monthly security updates through October 14th, 2025 so you are good to go for a while. However, you can still do Windows updates (manually) long after that. We prefer this method anyway. If you still wish to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11, Microsoft offers a FREE upgrade option, read below.
Windows 11 for Desktops
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If you are buying a Desktop or Laptop system from us, nothing to worry about. We will make sure that the computer hardware works perfectly in Windows 11.
- But, it is up to you to make sure that all of your personal software programs and peripherals such as printers, scanners etc are compatible. This includes all trading software, office programs, accounting programs etc. ALL software.
- The start menu and navigation in Windows 11 is very different than Windows 7, a bit confusing in our opinion. It is now located in the middle of the taskbar and to find anything you just have to search for it. Kind of a pain but you can thank Microsoft for that.
- There is no way to turn off automatic updates in Windows 10/11, Microsoft has disabled this feature. However, we have found a workaround. See “Turning Off Windows Updates” below. This will not work in the W10 Anniversary Edition.
- Our goal is to always provide the most solid operating system for our customers at any given point in time. All QuadStation systems run perfectly in Windows 11.
Windows 11 for Laptops
- Note, that all of the comments above apply to laptops systems as well.
- Most laptops whether you purchase from us or elsewhere will more than likely come with Windows 11.
- If you buy your next laptop from us it will be lean and ready for work. If you buy elsewhere, it will come bogged down with unwanted trial and other software. Keep this in mind.
- NTI QuadStation Laptops systems now support up to 4 displays with a laptop running on Windows 11.
Windows 11 Start Menu
As mentioned, the Windows 11 start menu is a bit confusing and will take a little getting used to. Microsoft made the Start button more difficult to find things but you have no choice. So for now embrace this change and get used to it until they redesign it.
Windows 11’s New Browser
You may have heard of Microsoft’s browser called Edge comes with Windows 10 and 11. Microsoft Edge only works in Windows 10/11. It is completely integrated into windows & a standalone version is not available. And Microsoft has no plans of releasing the Edge browser for previous versions of windows or any other OS for that matter.
It cannot be uninstalled so if you don’t like the look and feel of Microsoft Edge, download and use Google Chrome or FireFox instead. It works great in Windows 10 / 11 and equally secure. We preinstall Google Chrome on all new desktops and laptops.
How to Turn off Automatic Updates in Windows 10/11
To stop Windows from automatically updating your computer apply the steps in the link below. This is not a 100% guaranteed fix, but many customers report that is works successfully. There are 3 places to change settings. See This Page to learn how. Keep in mind this is a little technical.
Microsoft Privacy Settings
By default, Microsoft enables many privacy settings in Windows sharing your information without you knowing. However, during production in all NTI’s QuadStation computers, we turn all of these features off for you!
Traders Tune In
- If you are a trader, contact your trading platform software company to make sure it is supported in Windows 11.
- Trading software companies take years sometimes to adopt a new operating system. Do your research to find out if your software is supported or recommended in Windows 11. Click here for details
- Please note, NTI cannot help troubleshoot your trading software. Although we will always try to steer you in the right direction, this is outside the scope of our expertise. Please contact your software provider for software support.
- We are a hardware vendor, and provide full support for hardware functionality in all of our systems.
- All trading platforms work perfectly with our systems.
Upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11
As mentioned there is no rush to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Win 10 is still rock solid , fully supported and we all still use it here at NTI.
However, if you have a reason to upgrade Microsoft does offer a FREE upgrade using their Windows 11 Installation Assistant found here on their website. Please note that if you run into any snags, you will need to contact Microsoft directly for assistance as we are not recommending this upgrade at this time. Honestly, if you don’t specifically have a reason to do this upgrade, stay in Win 10 for now.
- If you are still using Windows 7 it is time to move to Windows 11 for many reasons but primarily for your security.
- If you are using Windows 10, you are good to go there is nothing you need to do.
- Windows updates are applied automatically with no easy way to turn off. See our work around above.
- Windows 11 does a pretty good job and finding and automatically installing peripheral drivers.
If you are still using an older operating system like Windows 7 , it is definitely time for a new computer for security reasons. See our QuadStation Computer Systems which support from 2 to 12 displays, choose a system below for full details and pricing. Turnaround time from time of order is just a few days.