How to fix ‘Windows Not Genuine’ Message
You keep getting an error message saying that your copy of Windows is not genuine when you know that it is genuine. This message appears down by your clock on the bottom right of your screen.
Here is how to get rid of it, but you will need to apply BOTH fixes below. Try this fix first but if that does not do it, see the Microsoft link at the very bottom of this page.
FIX PART 1
1. First, click on the Start button and in the Search box type cmd, but do NOT hit enter. (see example below)
2. Next, in the search results list, Right click on the ‘cmd’ and choose option ‘Run as administrator’:
This black box will appear:
3. Now type ‘SLMGR –REARM’ and hit enter. Type the words as it is otherwise method will not work. there is a space after SLMGR and the ‘–‘.
4. Now a popup will appear as Windows Script Host which will notify that you’ve successfully completed.
5. Restart the system. Proceed to part 2 of the fix
FIX Part 2
1. Go to your control panel and then go into the Windows Update section. Alternatively you can move into the ‘Uninstall a program’ tool.
2. Now click on ‘View installed updates’ and wait for all updates to get listed.
3. Now find out update with name ‘KB971033’ and uninstall it from your Windows.
4. finally, restart your PC again and you are done.
Looking for a multiple monitor computer?